By: Tony Rastigue with information provided by THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
As we enter our final weekend of the spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA at Miller Auditorium through Feb. 17, here are a few Phun Phacts about the show!
- Total Broadway attendance is over 17 million and the show recently marked its 31st anniversary on Broadway.
- Over 65,000 performances have been seen by 140 million people in 35 countries and 160 cities in 15 languages.
- This show has won more than 70 well-deserved major theater awards.
- 20 trucks are used to move the production from city to city (16 trucks in the building and 4 more trucks for the advance).
- This new production uses over 1,200 costume pieces and each ballet girl goes through a pair of ballet shoes every 2-3 weeks.
- Over 120 wigs travel with Phantom and about 50 of them are used in the show every night. Plus, all the wigs are made from human hair except for 5.
- Over 200 speakers are used in the production and 50 of those are used just for the surround sound package.
- The famous chandelier has over 6,000 beads on it and weighs 1 ton.
- The new chandelier was designed by Howard Eaton, who designed the Olympic rings for the London ceremonies.
- The main scenic wall weighs 10 tons and rotates around the stage.
Want to learn more about THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA? Visit https://ustour.thephantomoftheopera.com/
Tickets for THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, playing through Feb. 17 at Miller Auditorium, are still available: https://tickets.millerauditorium.com/11316?psn=11316