By: Amelia Manley
As a former high school theatre geek, my social media is littered with references and satire that I scroll through on a daily basis.
So here are a few of my favorites that I have come across, tailored to Miller’s upcoming season, of course. Without further ado, here are the Impact font laden memes I promised.
10. Now, I recognize that Cats is not everyone’s favorite musical, but what would you expect from a show that is about Cats singing their names at the audience for two hours? However, since this contains an actual cat, it gets higher marks.
- I run into this DAILY. Being a former theatre kid, as in no longer. My heart breaks a little more every time I reference Dear Evan Hansen or even Wicked and no one understands it.
- This is a rule of thumb for theatre. Just look at some of the classics, basically everyone dies in the second act. Case in point: (spoiler alert!) Spring Awakening.
- I have gotten literal sighs when I put on my music. But every once in a blue moon, I’ll hear a squeal of excitement instead–and those are the moments I live for.
- Lion King is classic for my generation. That is all. (Also cat)
- You have never hustled until you have danced to “Something Familiar” in double time.
- There are so few consistencies throughout life, however one consistency is that for any moment in life, there is song in a musical.
- Hamilton was not going to be left out of this list. Also, the final essay struggle is real.
- The combination of these two musicals is so nonsensical, yet so perfect.
- When you realize these musicals have similar songs in not at all similar sequences.